- General Provisions
- Honorary President, Honorary Vice President, Honorary Member
- Legal Bodies and Disciplinary Measures
- Approval of FCI Decisions
- General Secretariat
- Rights in Competitions and Events
- Final Provisions
- Annex 1: Rules of Procedure of the Congress
- Annex 2: Rules of Procedure of the Director Committee
- Annex 3: General Rules of Procedure for the Commissions
- Annex 4: Special Rules of Procedure for the Audit Commission
- Annex 5: Disciplinary Regulations
- Annex 6: Travel Expenses
Section I. Preamble
Pigeons have been a friend of man since time immemorial. Pigeons were used to transmit messages even in ancient times. This development saw its peak during the armed conflicts of the twentieth century.
Pigeons‘ orientation capability and efficiency was recognised by Belgian trainers and strengthened through targeted breedings. With this, the foundation for the modern racing pigeon was established in the 19th century.
The racing pigeon is closely tied with man’s cultural development and as such is a major cultural icon.
The protection and preservation of the racing pigeon as a cultural icon, is the task of all racing pigeons fanciers worldwide. To this end, racing pigeons fanciers have, peacefully and in free self-determination, united as the International Pigeon Fanciers Federation (FCI). In these statutes they document their will to fulfil the task of preserving and promoting the cultural icon that is the racing pigeon.
Section II. Definitions
The following terms shall mean:
- FCI: International Pigeon Fanciers Federation
- Racing pigeon: A pigeon which is not intended for consumption in the commercial food chain, and which is marked with a special foot ring in line with FCI specifications, and, thanks to its orientation ability, allows its owner to participate in flight competitions and exhibitions.
- Pigeon sport: Breeding and keeping of pigeons for sport reasons including participation in flight competitions and exhibitions.
- Federation: A federation recognised as such by the national authority of that country.
- State: An independent State recognised by the international community.
- Confederation: An association of federations recognised by the FCI which belong to one or more continents or a comparable region.
- Congress: The ultimate legislative body of the FCI.
- Director The executive body of the FCI.
- Emergency Committee of the Director Committee for the accomplishment of ad hoc urgent matters. Committee:
- General Administrative body of the FCI. Secretariat:
- Commission: Organisational unit of the FCI with special tasks.
- Legal body: Committee of the FCI for the enforcement of disciplinary measures.
- Member: A national federation which has been approved by the Congress to join the FCI.
- Association: Regional organisational unit within a federation.
- Other National unions of fanciers set up for the purpose of practising pigeon sports, both in general and specialised types of competition. Associations:
- Officials: All members of the Director Committee, Commission members, judges, Honorary Presidents, Honorary Vice Presidents and Honorary Members as well as the technical, veterinary and administrative managers of the FCI, a confederation or a member.
- International An active breeder licenced by the FCI who is authorised to judge at official pigeon sport events in accordance with the given Judge: standards.
- Fancier: A pigeon breeder, who is a member of an association.
- Olympiads: An international pigeon sport event organised by the FCI, in which all members and their pigeon fanciers can participate subject to the rules and conditions of the event.
- Distance flight: Joint release of racing pigeons at a specific location where the speed that individual pigeons take to return to their home is determined in accordance with the regulations of the FCI.
- World A pigeon competition organised by the FCI, in whichall fanciers can participate subject to the rules and conditions of the event. Championship:
- Flight A competition organised by the FCI, a confederation or one or more members on the basis of distance flights and subject to the competition: rules and conditions of the FCI.
- Standard: A set of rules set out by the FCI for the assessment of the physical condition of racing pigeons in accordance with uniform features.
- Doping: The administration of non-permitted substances to increase the performance of racing pigeons.
Clarification: Terms referring to natural persons are applicable to both genders. Any term in the singular applies to the plural and vice-versa.